Tuesday, July 5, 2016

7/3/16 This River is Like a Box of Chocolates

You never know what you are going to get. Larry, Mike, and I met up in the afternoon to float a new river. I had scouted it out this Spring and was waiting for the right time to give it a try. I was extremely impressed with this river. It starts out quite small with tons of twists and turns. It has pretty fast moving water and even had a small man made drop with a small wave train. I have dubbed the picture of Larry going through that drop "Larry, King of White Water" because of his paddle over his head pose. As the trip went on, the river widened and got deeper. Throughout the entire trip we were absolutely surrounded by nature with very few signs of other people. I saw tons of deer, birds, and other wildlife. The fishing was a little crazy in that I caught 7 different species all on the same lure! I ended up catching a few Sunfish, several Largemouth Bass, quite a few Smallmouth Bass (including a few nice fish), A small Pike, a Rock Bass, a Walleye (and missed another one to boot), and even a small Muskie!  It couldn't believe it was a Muskie at first, but if you see the picture below it is pretty clear that it is not a small Pike. It made it very entertaining never knowing what was going to be on the other end of your line. It was a beautiful evening and the weather was absolutely perfect for our trip. I can't wait to get back.


No comments:

Post a Comment