Thursday, December 1, 2016

11/26/16 My Mom's First Ever Trout!

On Saturday, after I finished playing hockey at headwaters park, I had a few hours to get out before dark. Boy the days are going quick now aren't they? I called my parents to see if one of them would want to go Trout fishing. My mom decided that she would go and before long I was packing up and getting the canoe ready to head out. We fished for about an hour and a half with absolutely nothing to show for it and I was suddenly worried that we were not going to have any action. I spotted a bald eagle in a tree and my mom got out her fancy camera and took some nice shots. Before long we finally hooked a fish. My mom reeled it all the way to the boat only to have it flip off at the last second! After that though, we were really into the fish and boated 4 and lost 2 more in less than 30 minutes! She was extremely happy to catch so many fish and was thrilled with how we were doing. Before long though, the sun was going down and we had to head for the ramp. On the way back we somehow managed to hook and lose another 4 fish! With a little more luck we could have had an amazing end to our trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment