Tuesday, May 2, 2017

4/29/17 One Rainy Day

High of 55, 100% chance of rain, and fishing? I was quite surprised when Kelly agreed to go fishing with me. Once on the water we got off to a slow start and the weather was not cooperating at all. I was starting to get worried. Before long my fears were gone. I watched as Kelly made a perfect cast across the stream with her spinner bait. She took a few turns on the reel and the blades started to spin. The lure was immediately crashed by a very nice sized Pike. Pike this size are somewhat rare in this stream but we have caught several others like it over the years. As the day wore on we ground out a decent number of fish. We probably caught a dozen fish total. Kelly ended up boating a very nice Smallmouth also caught on the spinner bait. The fish would have definitely been somewhere near the 'magical' 20" mark; a trophy in almost anyone's book. All in all it was a great day even despite the weather. Never be afraid to get out and fish! Even if the weather isn't perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    May I ask you for a favor? As my blog has little traffic at present, I am trying to generate some more, because I use it to sell my company’s products. More visits will increase my blog’s “Google Images” ranking and visibility. I am asking you to visit my blog occasionally, even though it may not be of particular interest to you. Cordial thanks.

    ReplyDelete