Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Lake Michigan Brown Trout with Ralph Steiger 4/9/18

My dad and I had a fantastic day on Lake Michigan fishing for Salmon, Trout, and Smallmouth Bass with Captain Ralph Steiger. My Dad and I try to get out with him a few times a year to fish for Trout and Salmon mostly. Our favorite trips with him are spring trips to cast for Coho Salmon and Brown Trout and fall/early winter trips to jig for monster Lake Trout. This past weekend we got the chance to do one of his awesome spring trips. We spent the morning casting for Cohos. We got quite a few nice Cohos to take home to eat, Ralph hooked and landed a super nice 17 pound king Salmon on relatively light gear, and I boated an absolutely beautiful 10+ lb Brown Trout. after that we did some exploring looking for a Smallmouth Bass bite that was only so so. We did end up catching 7 Bass and 3 more Brown Trout. I hooked and landed a beast of a Brown Trout on my first cast at one of the spots he took us to. I did some research on the fin clips that fish had and found out that it was most likely stocked in Wisconsin in 2011! Pretty cool that fish made it all the way down here to Indiana for me to catch, photograph, and release! If you are looking for an awesome trip where you will have a good chance to catch the fish of a lifetime in Indiana look Ralph up! He always works very hard for us and fish or not, we always have a great time with him. To put it into perspective, when I got home I used google maps to find out how far we had gone to fish different spots. Ralph had driven us over 40 miles to fish different spots! Who else would do that for clients? We always have a great time with him and I love seeing a smile on my dad's face when we are out!




No comments:

Post a Comment