Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Month of May

I apologize for the lack of updates in May. It has been a challenging month from a work standpoint and freetime has been at a premium. When I have had free time I have spent my time fishing instead of writing, blogging, or working on videos. With that said, I did get in some great fishing during the month of May! In addition, my computer has been down for almost the last two weeks now. I'm hoping to get it operational again sometime soon. Until I get it working, I will be very limited in what I can do as far as creating content and getting things posted.

I had several reasonably good trips fishing for White Bass and Smallmouth, including a nice bonus Walleye. The White Bass never did seem to come in overwhelming numbers like I have seen in the past but the run was decent and I tried to take advantage while I could.

I had the best day of Salmon fishing I have personally experienced on Lake Michigan. Mike and I fished out of St Joseph, MI. We went out to 85 feet of water to start. I dropped in a 10 color lead core, put a planar board on it, and before I could get the rod into the holder, the drag was going and a 15lb King Salmon was on the other end of the line. It was incredible! The action never slowed up as we ended up hooking a fish nearly every 20 minutes for the next several hours. My day was capped off by catching a 39 inch long, 21 1/2 inch girth, 21 pound King on a dipsy diver and spoon. The fish easily stripped off over 100 feet of line in it's opening run. I have never ever seen line come off of a reel that fast. The sound of the drag was incredible and something I will not soon forget. In total, Mike and I fished for 4 1/2 hours and boated 8 King Salmon and 2 Lake Trout. Definitely an incredible day of fishing by anyone's standards.

I got to spend an afternoon fishing with Frank from TwiztedFishingTV for Channel Catfish on a small creek. We floated the creek and fished using cut bait under split floats. It was a heck of a lot of fun and very educational for me since I do very little Catfish fishing. We boated well over a dozen decent cats including one that Frank caught that went nearly 7 pounds!

I do have video of all of these adventures, but with my computer being down I am not sure when I will get them edited and posted. Hopefully soon! Until then, All I have to share is some pictures from the past month. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment