Thursday, December 31, 2015

Video - Late December Trout Fishing

Trout fishing has been great over the last several weeks. I've spent a lot of my spare time on the water. I finally managed to put a video together to show off some of the great action I have had. I hope you enjoy the video!



Here's a quick rundown of my last month of trout fishing:

November 27th I caught 14 Rainbows. On this black Friday trip, I was joined by 3 friends and everyone had great success catching fish! The weather was pretty nasty and uncooperative. We had brats in the parking lot for lunch and continued catching fish for a couple hours after.

December 20th I caught 5 Rainbows. This trip was a tough one and only through sheer time on the water did I manage to catch 5 fish. Some days are just tougher than others!

December 23rd I caught 5 Rainbows. During this trip, Dave and I got out about 3pm to fish for a few hours until dark. I absolutely blew them up for 30 minutes going 5/8. About that time, A front blew through with heavy winds and drenching rains and the fish turned off like a light switch.

December 29th I caught 14 Rainbows and 1 Brown. Another extremely windy trip! I found a very willing pod off fish next to a concrete break wall and caught 7 fish in short order despite the waves and what I affectionately call the 'ejector seat effect' created by waves bouncing off of concrete break walls. I caught my first Brown Trout in 2 years from this lake. After that I continued to pick up fish here and there and had my best numbers wise trip ever!

December 30th I caught 4 Rainbows and 2 Browns. The wind finally died down for this trip. It should have been really good but I struggled to get good hookups. I had numerous strikes with no fish to show for it before finally catching a crazy rainbow after 2 hours! After that I found a good area and picked away at 5 more fish before dark. I ended up with 2 more Brown Trout. I can't wait until these fish get a little bigger! In a few years they are going to be a riot!

No comments:

Post a Comment