Sunday, January 17, 2016

1/16/16 Indiana Winter Browns

Well, the weather has finally taken a turn for the worst and my kayak fishing season may have finally come to an end. It was a good run and I'm glad that it lasted a little longer than usual. With the weather just approaching 30 degrees on Saturday, I was contemplating not fishing at all and just staying home. Boy am I glad that I talked myself out of staying home! I decided to head north and fish a small river for Brown Trout. The weather was cold but manageable and the fish were absolutely on fire! There is nothing quite like watching a trout come from out of nowhere to wallop a lure! I only fished for about 3 hours total and landed 6 Browns, had 3 small fish on that I let get off, and had chances at many more fish that never hooked up. I didn't get a lot of great pictures but I caught some very nice fish. I got one fish that measured at 17 inches and one just smaller around 16 inches. The shots in the net do not do these fish justice. The two larger fish were both big and beautiful. They are a blast to catch on light tackle. I guess that the moral of the story is: If you have the chance to go fishing, you'd better go. You can't catch fish sitting on the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment