Thursday, February 4, 2016

1/31/16 Falls of the Ohio

I spent the vast majority of my time in Louisville at the Boat, RV, and Sport show but I got out for a bit on Sunday to enjoy the nice weather and check out a potential play boating and fishing spot. The Falls of the Ohio used to be the only natural rapids on the Ohio River. It has since been dammed and diverted but at times still has some powerful class 4 white water rapids. The rapids were big and powerful! The eddy created by the spillway was powerful enough that it was forming rapids going back upstream even! This area is also a well known fishing spot for Sauger, Catfish, and several kinds of Bass. The whole area is a tropical fossil bed. It's really neat as you are walking around all the rocks keep your eyes peeled! You could stumble upon something pretty cool. Here is a link to the Falls Website. With the nice weather I suspect it won't be long before I have a fishing report or two to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment