Monday, February 8, 2016

2/7/16 February Kayak Pike!

Mike and I seized the chance to fish some open water yesterday for Pike. Within 15 minutes of being on the water I felt the thump for which I've been waiting a few months. The fish was good sized and gave me a great fight. The fish must have been hungry because it had the entire lure engulfed in it's mouth! Not too long after, I had a follow from a large Pike on two consecutive casts but it never seemed much interested in actually biting. Mike also managed to land a respectable sized Pike not too long into the trip. The good start got me excited and expecting good things. The fish however had other ideas and I never caught another fish the rest of the day. The rest of the day was spent enjoying the weather and hoping for the next bite which would never come. The forecast looks cold this next week. I'm really glad we got out when we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment