Monday, March 28, 2016

3/25/16 Waiting on Walleyes

I went out Friday evening after work to hunt for some spring Walleyes. I was on the lake by about 5pm and was out until 9:30 or so at night. the weather was absolutely perfect to be out fishing. It was bright and sunny and the wind was pretty calm. It would have be cold without the sun and with some wind. While the sun was up I was not having any luck with the Walleyes but I did catch several smallish Largemouth Bass up to about 15 inches. Once the sun began to set I did catch one small throwback Walleye. He absolutely slammed my lure and I would have thought he was much bigger than he actually turned out to be. I didn't even bother measuring him because he was pretty small and was never going to make the 16" size limit! The Walleye fishing should start to get good anytime now. I caught all of my fish by working a Rapala X-Rap slowly through shallow water.


3 comments: