Saturday, March 5, 2016

3/3/16 Pike Flies and Related Things

I've been tying some 6 inch flies to target Pike this year. I think that they turned out awesome so I wanted to share a few pictures of them! A few weeks back Randy and I took advantage of a warm weather day to take the canoe out and fish for some river Pike. I ended getting skunked but Randy at least finally caught a Pike with me! Also, I've been in contact with the DNR about my last post and the guy killing Pike at a local dam. A conservation officer emailed me back to get more details on the incident and he said that they will be patrolling that area more this spring! Hopefully they either catch the guy or just deter him by being around more. Either way it's good to hear and I'm glad that they took my email so seriously. Open water is coming. More updates coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment