Friday, June 10, 2016

6/6/16 Evening Trip, Well Worth the Effort

On a whim I invited Mike to come fish for Pike after work. I didn't think he'd able to but I was pleasantly surprised when he said that he could make it! We met up about 5 o'clock and began to drift downstream. When I arrived Mike was already on the water and had even already caught a nice fish! Before long I was into the fish on a bright colored jerkbait. The night was extremely successful for both of us. I landed a dozen or so Pike, 6 Smallmouth and a handful of other fish including one of the prettiest sunfish I have ever seen! We caught a ton of Pike in the mid-20 inch range. At one point I made a cast and then got distracted looking at Mike. My lure was just sitting in the water. I heard a splash and a nice Pike nearly took the rod out of my hand! I fought and lost a really nice Smallmouth at one point and missed several nice Pike. Unfortunately my only picture of Mike turned out a little blurry with the fading light. It was an awesome night!


2 comments:

  1. Nice fishing. I am also a fisher and evening period is really a good time for fishing. Thanks for sharing and Mike is a great fisher. You too, I suggest you to use fishing flukes for fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos and catches you have there. The trip sounds like one for books. Hope you guys go out for more adventures, you can make a hilarious duo!

    ReplyDelete