Thursday, June 16, 2016

6/9/16 To the Beat of a Different Drum

Mike and I fished a local river after work. While this river doesn't ever look very aesthetically pleasing, it continues to produce solid fish every trip. I caught plenty of Smallmouth Bass off of rip rap shorelines, I got bit off instantly by what I can only assume was a Pike, and I caught a giant Drum on a crankbait. The Drum just absolutely inhaled the crankbait, managing to get the entire thing into it's mouth before being hooked. It made it very difficult to unhook because they have a relatively small mouth. It was a very nice fish and easily weighed a couple of pounds. It was probably the biggest one I have ever caught. A few minutes later Mike called me. He was extremely excited and wanted me to come take a few pictures of a nice Saugeye he had landed. I can't remember the exact length but the fish was somewhere over 22'' long and was fat as can be. It was a very impressive fish. The weather was fantastic and the fishing was good. All in all a great night on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment