Thursday, August 4, 2016

7/30/16 Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge

On Saturday, Mike and I met up early to fish an 7.5-mile stretch of river. I had never been on this stretch before so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The stretch was very nice with the exception of a ridiculous number of log jams. The fishing was decent. I boated more than a dozen Pike, but most were hammer handles. I also caught quite a few Smallmouth Bass over the course of the day. I had one Pike that took a swing and missed a jerk bait. I quickly cast back and the fish hit the lure a second time and I had him hooked up for a split second before he popped free. I grabbed my other rod and threw a spinner bait back at him. He absolutely crushed the spinner and I landed the nice 26 1/2" Pike. It's pretty amazing sometimes how aggressive these fish are! The float took us more than 9 hours to complete. We spent a huge chunk of time getting over, under, around, or through log jams. It took a ton of effort and by the time it was all said and done I was exhausted. It was a fun but exhausting day.


No comments:

Post a Comment