Monday, August 15, 2016

8/12/16 After Work, Business as Usual

I got out on Friday night to fish for a few hours after work. Mike and I didn't have time to float a section of river so we decided to paddle up a shorter section and then drift back to finish the night. I had a strange thought and it quickly developed into a scheme. On the paddle upstream I would put in my rod holders and troll a spinner bait and buzz bait. Maybe I would pick up a bonus fish while heading upstream? The spinner quickly proved to be a problem so I quit using it before long. The buzz bait was running well and wasn't giving me any trouble. I almost caught 3 fish trolling a buzz bait! I had 3 blow ups and one of the times the rod doubled over but just as I was about to grab it, it straightened back out and the fish was off. It was an entertaining idea and it almost paid off! Other than that, the fishing was pretty slow. I caught a small fish right off the bat and then had nothing for quite a while. During that magical last hour of the day though, the fish turned on and I ended up catching 4 fish on the buzz bait. There is nothing quite like catching fish on a top water lure to get your heart pumping! The nicest fish was just under 30 inches. It turned out to be a pretty good night for having just a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment