Monday, April 17, 2017

4/15/17 Another One Bites the Dust!

Saturday was a brutal day. The wind was incredible. The lake was white capping and most of the other boats had long since given up for the day. I was still toughing it out with one goal in mind: catching a new species of fish. I had finally located schools of shad and big marks hanging out near them on my indicator. After several hours finally, mercifully it happened. I hooked and landed my first ever Wiper, a hybrid between a White Bass and Striped Bass. These fish were stocked by the Indiana DNR with a dual purpose in mind. One, to eat the shad that infest the lake and two, to provide angling opportunities. It seems like they are delivering on both fronts. What a neat looking fish! I can't wait to catch a big one, but for now I am content with having knocked another fish off my list. Other species still on the list, you are not safe. I'm coming for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment