Sunday, August 20, 2017

7/15/17 White River Smallmouth Madness


I've been slacking on posting reports recently. I haven't been out this summer nearly as much as I have been the last several years. With that said, when I have gotten out to fish, the fishing has been fantastic. Last month I got a chance to head South and fish the White River for Smallmouth Bass. Troy and I met in the afternoon to fish until dark. The first thing you're going to notice about the pictures is that there are no pictures of me. It seemed like every nice fish that I hooked would manage to come unhooked at some point during the fight. While that was disappointing, as I lost several very nice fish, I still managed to put plenty of average sized fish in the boat. Troy on the other hand was on fire from the opening minutes of the day until the closing minutes just before dark. He boated I don't know how many fish over the course of the day including both Smallmouth Bass, Rock Bass, and a surprising number of Largemouth Bass. For the majority of the afternoon we were both throwing crayfish imitations. Troy was throwing a crayfish colored crank bait and I was throwing a crayfish fly. Towards the end of the day, we both switched to top water lures. I only managed a few small fish on a popper but troy kept catching fish like he had the rest of the day. One of the last fish of the day was a complete shock to us. Troy hooked up with a nice fish. When it jumped the size of it head had us both thinking that it was an absolute monster Smallmouth. Once it was to the net though, we realized that it was a big, fat river Largemouth! This Largemouth was the biggest I have ever seen come out of this section of river. We were both giddy and excited. It was quite the day of fishing. I got plenty of awesome video that I hope to get edited and posted sometime soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment