Friday, August 25, 2017

8/13/17 A New Pike Paradise?

My dad and I fished a new section of my favorite Pike River. I was honestly not sure how it was going to go but I was hoping to run into enough fish to make it worth coming back and exploring more in the future. Within minutes of hitting the water, I landed two nice Pike back to back on a buzz bait. The buzz bait was hot all day long. I never even considered swapping it with a different lure because I was getting almost constant action. My dad was fishing a spinner bait the majority of the day and while he got off to a slow start he eventually got into them really well and ended up landing more fish on the day than I did. At one point he even landed two nearly identically sized 30" Pike on back to back casts! I also did some fly fishing in an attempt to get more video of Pike on the fly. It was slow going and I only managed to put one small fish in the boat on the fly. My dad was gracious enough to have patience and keep the boat steady while I attempted to get a few fish on the fly. I had a few spectacular misses where fish would go airborne in an attempt to eat my fly. I got one of them on video and I will hopefully get that posted soon. As always, when I get to spend the day with my dad I always enjoy it! All in all it was a fantastic day and between my dad and I we agreed that we probably boated somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30 Pike. We didn't catch any huge fish but we had plenty of action all day to keep us busy. 25-30 fish in one day is definitely my best numbers day ever. Are there bigger fish in there? I'll definitely have to go again to give it a try. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment