Thursday, October 26, 2017

10/21/17 Kelly Makes an Unexpected Catch

Kelly and I got out to fish for Pike on an absolutely beautiful late October day. Highs in the 70's and mostly sunny skies, are you kidding me?!?!? The fishing was pretty good and we boated 7 Pike in just a few hours of effort. The fish pictured below was absolutely beautiful. It had beautiful patterns and amazing coloration. I caught it on a first cast follow-up X-Rap after it just missed striking Kelly's spinner and refusing to come back for the spinner over several more casts. However, the real story of the day had not yet begun. As we were fishing down the back, I heard a bird chirping in brush along the river. Kelly all of a sudden perked up and said "I think I hear a kitten! Can we go back and check?" Me being the sucker I am turned the boat around and headed back upstream. After looking for a bit I spotted a tiny black and white kitten in the undergrowth. I paddled Kelly over to the shore and as she took her first step from the boat the kitten retreated into the brush. Kelly walked a little closer and the kitten ran further away into the woods. Kelly went into stealth mode and quietly crept up on the kitten. All of a sudden Kelly sprang and grabbed it! There was a flurry of tiny paws and claws and some hissing but Kelly had the kitten in her hands. Upon investigation there were no houses nearby and no signs of any other cats anywhere nearby. In Kelly's words "We can't just leave it!" So for the second time in my life I went on a fishing trip only to have it cut short and end up bringing a kitten home. We have a new family member!



No comments:

Post a Comment