Friday, October 6, 2017

9/29/2017 Another First for Me?

I got a very exciting chance to get out fishing with Frank of Twizted Fishing TV on YouTube. Frank specializes in fishing for catfish which is something that I do not usually fish for at all. I knew I wanted to get out with him to specifically target Flathead Catfish as that is one of only a handful of game fish species in Indiana that I have not yet caught. Eventually we settled on a date and location and it was game time. I got out of work and headed for home as quickly as I could to grab the canoe. Frank brought the tackle and equipment as well as some awesome live bait that he caught from a creek on the way to the put in. We bounced around in the canoe for a while before finally finding a deep hole on a river bend to set up on. We got our rods out and before log the rods were bouncing with the telltale tap-tap-tap of a catfish testing our baits. All in all we caught 8 Flatheads over the course of the evening including the first 3 Flatheads I have ever caught and a beautiful 22 pound beast that Frank pulled in. On the paddle out Frank had a spotlight in the front of the boat. He looked like a kid in a candy store seeing all of the fish as we paddled by them. I was shocked by how much life was in the river! We passed tons of game fish including a Flathead that was bigger than any fish we had managed to land. I learned an absolute ton about catfish fishing and had a blast while doing it! I may have to get into the catfish scene as the thought of landing a goliath Flathead is the stuff that dreams are made of! Definitely check out Frank's YouTube channel. I've included a video of our trip from Franks channel. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment