Saturday, August 23, 2014

8/23/14 Hide and Seek

Got out this morning for a few hours before work to fish for some Drum. We've had a ton of rain in the last few days so I wasn't quite sure what to expect out of the reservoir. The St. Marys River for instance went up over 11 feet in one night! I was pleasantly surprised to find the lake up a little bit but water clarity was still pretty decent. The fog in the early morning was pretty incredible and at times I could not even see the bank! Pretty awesome feeling being on the water in dense fog. I was flatlining small crankbaits. To catch fish, you really only have to paddle fast enough to get the rod tips to vibrate. Stopping and changing direction randomly can be a great way to provoke strikes. Lots of times when you stop or slow way down, you will get hit by Channel Cats as well. I only ended up with a few fish. The Drum pictured below slammed my lure though. He had the rod pinned back and was stripping line. I even had trouble pulling the rod out of the holder! These fish are really great fighters for their size! They get a bad rap but are definitely worth fishing for. 
 
Into the Void...

No comments:

Post a Comment