Friday, August 8, 2014

8/7/14 Kelly in on the Action

 Kelly and I got out on the river looking for Pike. Kelly got things started within the first 10 minutes with a beast of a Pike to the boat. While trying to get a picture the fish managed to escape so no hero shot but it was easily her biggest Pike to date. Not long after she hooked and landed a small hammer handle that we unhooked and released quickly. I caught a small Pike on the fly but in an attempt to get a quick shot with the camera delay timer the fish flipped out of my hands. It made it out of my hands literally a second or two before the camera went off. The second picture is the candid photo. Kelly came through in a clutch and caught another nice fish that gave her some great runs and jumps. This time, we successfully managed to get some good pictures. I spent most of the day standing and fly casting from the MX. Still feels a little squirrelly but is getting much more comfortable.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment