Sunday, November 9, 2014

11/7/14 Jiggin' for Walleyes

I took my kayak to work on Friday and made a quick trip when I got off. I hit a local river in search of Walleyes. My first fish came only minutes after getting to the spot. On the cast I snagged the bottom. I managed to get it off and reeled in some slack. The fish hit right after that. I landed a nice 18''er. I got a couple pictures and put it back. Just minutes later I hooked another fish in the exact same place. This fish was really nice. It measured out at 24''. Making it my biggest river Walleye to date. I continued to hit that spot in hopes that more fish were stacked up there with no luck. When darkness fell, a guy walked down a wall on the bank right next to me and started casting a crank bait literally over my head! He even snagged my paddle on his retrieve! It really pissed me off and I decided it was time to get out of there. That aside, I had good luck and I'm definitely going to hit this spot a few more times after work this year! The fish were caught on lead head jigs and curly tail grubs.
 Here is a link to a video I took of the trip with my GoPro camera:


No comments:

Post a Comment