Wednesday, November 12, 2014

11/8/14 Those DAMn Walleyes

Four of us got together to hit the river again in search of Walleyes. It was a nice and cold, windy day to be out. James got things started quickly with a hookup literally before Jameson and Mike even got on the water. He continued to put the hurt on and landed 7 Walleyes and missed several others throughout the course of the day. He even spent time sitting and watching the rest of us fish for a bit! Mike and I each caught 4 fish during the course of the day. I caught all of my fish on a lead head jig and Berkley Powerbait fluke. Mike caught several of his fish trolling. He made the comment that trolling in this spot was like "trying to troll in a fish bowl". He made it work though and scored several fish on shallow running crankbaits. Jameson again struggled to land a fish. He had one on and lost it right at the boat. A while later I heard some hooping and hollering. I turned around to the sight of Jameson with a Walleye in the net! He finally got the Walleye skunk-monkey off his back. I'm really glad he finally got his Walleye. All in all, we had a hell of a day landing 16 fish between the 4 of us. I'll let the pictures and video do the rest of the talking.

Here is a link to a video of the trip:


No comments:

Post a Comment