Monday, December 15, 2014

12/13/14 & 12/14/14 Beautiful Weekend for Trout

The weather this weekend was absolutely perfect to get out and chase some trout! I did extremely well both days and I would describe the trout's mood as borderline suicidal. They were extremely aggressive and action was frequent and consistent. Between the two days, I got 17 fish in the boat and lost or didn't hook up well on at least that many more! I landed several nice fish pushing 18'' and lost one right at the boat that would have gone over 20 inches. Mike landed what I'm sure is his personal best trout to date. It was the biggest fish I've seen since I started fishing these lakes. Most fish were up shallow near the break lines. I caught all these fish on clouser minnow flys. It will probably not be long before the lakes are frozen so if you have the opportunity, get out as soon as you can. The fishing is amazing and you will not regret it! I got some great video but with my computer out of service, I can't get it edited yet. Enjoy the pictures and check out the trout section of the website for tips and tricks to help you get into some trout.
 
Absolutely beautiful 18''er. The colors showed up really well in this picture.
This was a really nice, fat, healthy 17''er. It was extremely beautiful, but the sun blotted out some of it's colors.
Small stocker caught on the "Short Strike Special" clouser minnow.

No comments:

Post a Comment