Friday, May 22, 2015

5/17/15 Spring Trout Fishing

My Dad and I got out on Sunday to do a little spring trout fishing. In Indiana, the vast majority of our trout are stocked fish but they are really fun and get pretty wiley after they have been in the stream for a while. We walked a huge section of beautiful stream. Between the two of us, we caught 14 Trout (12 Rainbows and 2 Browns). If you've never done this type of fishing, it can be an absolute blast. It's usually pretty easy and the fish are pretty willing to take a variety of lures. It can be a great way to introduce someone new to fishing as there is usually good action. It never gets old watching a trout race out from under a log to devour a small spinner! While walking through the woods I almost stepped on a Morel. When I got to looking, we found 12 great big Morels all in one small area. I also got a pretty cool picture of a frog sitting on a giant mushroom. I thought it was a neat picture and worth sharing. It was great getting to spend the day with my dad, enjoy the wonderful weather, and explore the great outdoors.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment