Monday, May 4, 2015

5/3/15 Buck Creek Whitewater Park

I had vacation this week with the intention of making it to Tennessee to do some whitewater kayaking. Long story short, our original plans did not work out. However, Kelly and I decided to make a side trip to Springfield, Ohio to visit their Whitewater Play Park. We had been here one other time when the creek was flowing at 222 CFS. With the current level at 110 CFS, we were unsure of what it would be like and if there would be enough water to make the trip worthwhile. When we arrived, there were about 10 other paddlers out playing around on the waves so it was pretty obvious that there was still enough water to have some fun with it. We spent the next several hours playing around with the 4 drops there and had a lot of fun surfing the waves. A photographer came down and asked us if he could take some pictures of us on the waves. I gave him my email address and he sent me some excellent shots of Kelly and I! We also took some video so you can get a better idea of what we were doing. We had a lot of fun and hope you enjoy the pictures and video!




No comments:

Post a Comment