Friday, May 15, 2015

Week of 5/9 - 5/15

Sorry for the delay in posting trip reports but my computer is once again acting up. I'll just be giving a brief update for today and I'll get pictures and stories up when I can. Last Saturday 5/9 Mike and I went Walleye fishing. The post spawn bite is hot right now. Between the two of us, we got 11 Walleyes, not to mention the numerous Crappies, Smallmouth Bass, Catfish, and Carp that were also caught. On Monday Kelly and I fished for crappies. We caught a lot of short fish but probably caught 30 - 40 fish total in  a few hours in the evening. The females still had eggs in them and the males were just starting to turned black. The crappie fishing in Indiana should be on fire for the nest couple of weeks! Last night 5/14 I went Musky fishing for a few hours after work. Over the course of the evening I had 5 follows. I saw fish ranging from a small 2 footer to a massive 4 foot fish. I was pretty fun but incredibly frustrating as it seemed like none of the fish were really all that interested in taking a lure but they would show themselves just to taunt me. It's been a busy week and I'll give a more thorough update when I can. If you like fishing, now is the time! Everything seems to be biting this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment