Tuesday, October 20, 2015

10/18/15 Sunny Day Rainbows

With summer fading into fall, the air and water temps are beginning to drop. We've had some cold nights as of late so I thought that I'd give some trout fishing a try. I hit the lake about 10:30 to give it time to warm up as it was a chilly 29 degrees overnight. Once on the water I quickly got my fish fish on and lost it just as quick. Before too long though I tied into and landed my first trout of the year. After that though, it turned into a pretty slow day overall. Bluebird skies and no wind is definitely not my favorite conditions for this fishing. After a few hours the wind picked up and so did the fishing. In the last hour I was on the water I landed 3 more Rainbows and lost several more. All in all on the day I went 4/9. The 4 fish I landed were all obviously this years stockers and they all were right around 14" long. Catching less that half the fish hooked is not too great by anyone's standards. I think I need to go back to the drawing board again and rethink my flies. I just don't seem to be getting hooks into enough of the biters. You can read about my tactics for trout and watch videos of my system in action by clicking here: Trout Page. Get ready everyone, because fabulous Indiana trout fishing is just around the corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment