Thursday, October 22, 2015

10/22/15 Expect the Unexpected

Just one you think you have something fishing figured out, it puts you back in your place. In recent years I have had a lot of success fishing for Saugeyes below the dams in town. This year, I have not managed to land a single one. I have however caught a multitude of other species including Smallmouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Freshwater Drum, and Northern Pike. I had about an hour after work today to hit the river. With the way things have been, I should have known what to expect. About 5 minutes into the trip I had a nice take on a fluke. I saw the fish flash and was almost sure it was a Saugeye. It gets to the net and is a Northern Pike. Go figure. That was the only fish I caught but it was a beautiful evening to be outside and on the water. Plus I'll take a Northern Pike over nothing at all any day of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment