Tuesday, March 21, 2017

3/12/17 Helix 5 Installation

I took an opportunity with some of the less than desirable weather we have had in the beginning of March to get my new Humminbird Helix 5 installed on my Predator PDL. The install went very cleanly and quickly with the help of the Predator Transducer Kit. While this kit may not work for every kayak, this idea is really worth exploring for any kayak with scuppers. Doing the installation this way, I was able to avoid drilling any holes into my kayak. The kit comes with a boot for the transducer, a stem with threads, and a padded piece that screws down to securely attach the rest to the kayak. I had my PDL out this past weekend and the Humminbird was nice to have and the installation caused me absolutely no problems. I'm very happy with how this turned out.


1 comment: