Friday, March 24, 2017

3/19/17 The Return of Esox Lucius

Sunday was the first day since my birthday that Kelly and I got the chance to spend the whole day together. She let me decided what were going to do for the day. What did I decide to do? Go fishing of course! So with the decent weather I decided to load up the canoe and head north in search of Northern Pike. The plan was to fish jerk baits and try to move them a little slower due to the cold water. Being the first Pike trip of the year, I wasn't sure how it was going to go for us. Within the first 15 minutes of fishing we had our answer. Kelly suddenly hooked into a very nice fish. I missed getting the first half of the fight on video but did manage to catch the second half. I put a short video together that you can find below. It was a very nice fish and certainly the highlight of the day. The rest of the day went very well with 10 Pike total making it to the boat. We didn't catch any more the size of the first fish but we did end up with several more fish between 20 and 30 inches. Kelly also just missed hooking another very nice fish. We had a lot of fun and was a great first Pike trip of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment