Sunday, October 19, 2014

10/18/14 Rainbows on a Cloudy Day

Fished for about 7 hours yesterday for trout. I ended the day going 6/11 on Rainbows and I also caught 2 Smallmouth and 1 Largemouth. I lost 4 Rainbows on jumps and I had one break my line. None of the fish were too big. The Rainbows this year have been in the 12-16'' range. They still give a magnificent fight and usually give a few good jumps and take line a few times. I struggled for a while fishing streamers so I switched things up and put 2 sparrow flies on and starting catching fish pretty consistently. I did catch a few fish on a Clouser Minnow but the Rainbows definitely seemed to be really into the small sparrows. The fish also seemed concentrated up in shallow water along the break lines. Mike ended his day with 3 Rainbows to the boat. All in all a decent day. All my fish were released and I only put a few in the net to get decent pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment