Thursday, October 2, 2014

9/27/14 Indiana Kayak Anglers Tourney

I went down to Geist Reservoir on Saturday to fish the Indiana Kayak Anglers bass tournament. The day started out very nicely as the weather was very very nice at daybreak. I'm not  much of a bass fisherman so I must say I struggled to get onto the Largemouth Bass in the lake. I did end up with with 3 smallish bass to enter for the results but overall I was pretty disappointed in my catch. I did however end up boating close to 60 fish on the day including: largemouth bass, bluegills, perch, crappies, and yellow bass. I caught probably 40 or so yellow bass. So much so, that I was having trouble keeping them off my lures long enough to catch other fish. Overall it was a fun tournament. It was good to get to put some faces to names, catch a bunch of fish, and raise some money for Heroes on the Water. This charity takes veterans kayak fishing. Here's a link to their website: http://heroesonthewater.org/  check it out when you have time. Here's a couple pictures of those crazy yellow bass:


No comments:

Post a Comment