Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10/2/14 - 10/7/14 River Fishin'

Kind of a wet, weird start to some of the fall fishing here in town but fishing continues to pick up by the day. All of these fish were caught before or after work for Kelly and I. The first fish is the nicest Smallmouth I have caught out of the rivers in town. It was a pig and fought like a champion giving me several good jumps. Beautiful fish too! You couldn't ask for more spots and nicer coloring on a Smallmouth. The second fish is an 18'' Saugeye that Kelly caught. She had the hot hand that day landing 3 fish to my zero. The third fish was a 20'' Saugeye I caught after work tonight. It hit right at the bank and immediately stripped drag heading back for the middle of the river. Quite the battle and a nice fish to boot. One of my friends caught a 25''er the other day and I've seen some bigger ones come out of there. If you haven't already, get out there and enjoy fall fishing cause it won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment