Tuesday, November 3, 2015

10/23/15 There is a First Time for Everything!

A friend from work is new to kayak fishing this year. After hearing me talk about kayak fishing for trout he was extremely eager to give it a try. He didn't have a lot of flexibility day wise so even though conditions were less than ideal for a beginner we could get out Friday evening for a bit. The wind was pretty heavy but at least the temps weren't very cold. I caught 2 fish and lost one more in the first 15 minutes I was on the water. After that things slowed down but I did hook up on occasion and managed to bring two more fish to hand. All in all I went 4/8. After struggling for a while Dave managed to hook 3 fish and land his first Indiana Rainbow. Congrats to him and he told me that he has already been out again. I might have another person hooked on trout fishing!




No comments:

Post a Comment